Friday, February 18, 2011

SINGAPORE TRIP *LOOKING FOR LOVE*

SO NOW I COME BACK WITH NEW STATUS…

I’M AN ELF WHO HAVE WATCHED SUPER SHOW! YEAY!

AND I WILL WATCH SUPER SHOW AGAIN NEXT TIME. AMEN. :)


*deep breath* okay, start.


1ST DAY START

Detination: Soekarno Hatta International Airport, Changi Airport

Our Fuel: Almost Nothing (starvinggg~)

Maybe it sounds crazy for people who know me well. You can say that I’m a “new” ELF. I’ve become an ELF since around May or June (?) Around the time I was watching “Oh My Lady”, Siwon’s drama and Super Junior’s comeback with the 4th album, Bonamana. But I’m already very passionate to watch Super Show… abroad. Yes, seems like Super Junior has no plan yet to come to Indonesia or what, I decided to chase after them to other country. Hahaha. Luckily, they held Super Show 3 in Singapore. Singapore is so near to Indonesia. And the airplane fare is quite reachable. And also, the date is perfect. I was still on holiday in that date, January 29th, 2011. So, I and some of my friends who also students from University of Indonesia, but with different faculties, planned our trip to Singapore. First, I just wanna watch S3 there. But again, I was thinking that it’s so unefficient with the plane fare and hostel fee. So, I decided to have a journey there, too. I was in Singapore for 5 days. But the effective day is 4 days though. Because I flew to Singapore in evening, then my friends and I stayed in Changi until tomorrow morning. No no no, actually you can not spend a night in Changi unless you’re in transit to another country.

1ST DAY END


2ND DAY START

Destination: Kak Vira’s house, Chinatown (only The Chinatown Point), Merlion Park, Mustafa

Our fuel: Indomie, Korean food, Rice with “Abon”

*continuing the 1st day story*

"So, how could you and your friends…?"

That’s your respond, right? That’s why, guys. That’s why we were frightened in that early morning. While we were sleeping in Changi’s rest area (Changi Airport is something like shopping mall. I love it!), some officers woke us up and asking for our passport. They were asking us: “Do you have a passport, miss? What’s your destination? Singapore? Then, why do you stay here? It’s just for people who transit, you know… I’m not really sure if the immigration officers will let you pass if you stay here for more than 10 hours, bla bla bla.”

I was frightened that we might be fined or else. You know Singapore is a fine city. And I was like “Oh, beware. Don’t do that! Catch the plastic bag, ah~ Remember, the fine. 500 SGD of fine, bla bla bla.” everyday in Singapore. Hahaha. But fortunately (Thank God!), they let us pass and we were heading out as soon as possible to Changi’s waiting area, the proper area for us. Hhe. We waited until around 5-6 am to catch the first MRT and heading to our booked hostel. It’s not hostel actually, but a house on Dunearn Road (near to Bukit Timah), 3rd-stories house which its rooms are rented (Thanks kak Vira for renting your rooms to us!).

As soon as we reached the house, we took a bath and got ready to go exploring Singapore. But we had no exact plan though. So, when we’re ready to go out, another group just came. In that group, there were Ibeth, Ira, Dewi, and Abeth. So, we ended up by going along with them. We started that journey by taking a bus to… umm, I forget the name of that place, but that place has Sticky, a hand-made candy store, in it. Inda and some other friends bought candies there. But I didn’t. And now I regret it a bit. Urgh.

Then, we continued our journey to Chinatown. I expected a lot from this spot. I heard this place sells many things that considered cheap. But I thought it’s in the market that located somewhere in Chinatown. We didn’t find it. For exact, we didn’t really search for it because it’s already 3 or 4 PM and we still wanted to go to Merlion Park. So, we just ate in a Korean Restaurant. I ordered Pork Cutlet: around 8 SGD or Rp 56,000,- perhaps.

After we filled up our stomach, we went to Merlion Park. We took MRT and stopped at Raffles station, took some pictures while walking to Merlion Park. As we reached the Merlion Park, the intensity of “click” sounds from our camera became more often, hahaha. Anyway, my first impression when I reached the place is… “WHOA! That three buildings with a ship-like thing on their top is amazing. The esplanade is cool, too. But the Merlion statue is not as big as I imagined before, But still, it’s cool!” I think we eight took 1 -2 hour for only taking pictures of ourselves there. Hahaha. Really. -_- Oh, then we found ice cream seller. Yippie-kay-yay! I ignored my sicken throat (I’ve been coughing at that time, even now… still. Urgh.) and bought that “seems-yummy” ice cream (I looks like “es potong”, but it’s cube and has wafer on its two sides). I chose the mint- flavored with a hope that it will help my throat. Mint is good for throat, rite? No? Ah, okay. Whatever. Impression: YUMMY ICE CREAM. :9 Enjoy your guilty pleasure, Ester! Hahaha. :)

Then, as the day went night, we decided to go to next place: Mustafa. This place almost has everything inside. But I didn’t have time to explore it or even entere the Mustafa Center (is it the right name?). No, not because of its business hours. It opens 24 hours. But our time is limited. We must catch the bus before 11 PM. Or we wouldn’t get able to go home. We could get a taxi, but it’s expensive-lah so we didn’t want it. Hhe. So, we just shopped at some stores along the road. We bought some souvenirs, mugs, something like that. Ah, in this place, Ane met her soulmate. Hahaha. No, just kidding. But, there was a coconut seller offering coconut to us by saying “Coconut, coconut, miss” with a rather-funny accent (for us). And it made Ane’s day, I think. Hahaha. Right, Ane? :)

Then, we went home by MRT, and then bus number 171 from Newton Road. Oh, our bus is always full of people. *sigh* Then, as soon as we reached home… what? I don’t remember it. We had to eat dinner… but AH! Ane, Inda, Popy, and I bought rice from a Chinesse restaurant behind the house, then ate it with the “Abon” I brought. Hhe, useful “Abon”. Very very cheap dinner, only 50 cents guys. :) Oh yeah, 50 cents! You’re starting to rap? Hhe.

2ND DAY END


That's it for today. For the 3rd, 4th, and 5th day of my trip to SIngapore will be posted later. Have a nice day. :)

With excitement,
sterpatrz :)

0 comments: